- div and span are also called tag like every Other-Tags (such as p, h1, h2, b, i, u, br, strong, etc., )
- each tag has its own function (ex: p-tag to make paragraph, h1-tag to make a “biggest” header, b-tag to make text bold, br-tag to make a line break, etc.,). But div-tag and span-tag may be the exceptions 😉 .
- you can change the function of every tag by applying CSS to it (ex: force the i-tag to make text bold against its own default function making text italic, etc.,) . [how?]
- you can force the div-tag and span-tag do the function of every tag you want by using CSS (ex: use span-tag to make text bold, etc.,) [how?]
- browsers ignore the CSS elements if it cannot detect which tag CSS apply to. [how? & why we need to use id & class to name the tag?]
- div-tag is box and follow the rule of “box model”. [how?]
- div-tag is usually used for making layout. [why?]
- span-tag to markup text.[when?]
- Default tag functions are different in different browsers. [how?]
- CSS may works in different ways in different browsers. [when?]
Note: the questions in square-blankets is for u :), but maybe it’s hard for u to answer this time.